Blackheart (Three Floyds)

I must have started this blog after I had this brew and just assumed later that I had written about it. I have it lurking in my notes now.

I enjoyed this English IPA on the patio of a not-so-great local pub. But it was beautiful out and my friend was visiting. The high point of this bar is the Three Floyds offerings. They generally have a couple of standards and a seasonal. This is actually the first place I had Three Floyds beer. IPA Day gives me a good reason to get these notes out of the way.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This orange-tinted brew had a creamy white head that stuck around. The hop oils left heavy lacing on the glass.

Taste: It had a musky hop flavor. It was piney and dry. It was yeasty too, an ESB-type yeast that made it taste distinctly English. I never picked that up before, but it's been a while since I've had this brew. I've all but abandoned FFF.

From the FFF site:
This beer is Three Floyds’ U.K. IPA brewed with all English ingredients and aged on toasted oak. An artistic collaboration with our friends at Blackheart Tattoo in San Francisco. Check it! May release.

Comments

Popular Posts