Batch 500 (Shoreline)

The weather is cooling down and thick, boozy brews are on the brain. I may have to brew a second round of Kickham Witch's Brew to get me through this winter. I found this Baltic Porter in my slowly-thinning backlog of beer notes. As I tend to repeat, Shoreline isn't my favorite brewery. They are doing good things over there, good standards, good community bar. I just wouldn't go out of my way for it. I blame the saturated beer market and easy access to goodies locally. This beer from July wasn't much different than their usual offering. Not incredibly complex, but drinkable. With the booziness, I was surprised by the full pint.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This black brew had a thin, white ring for head. It smelled sugary.

Taste: It was very boozy. I got some dark fruit flavors, but the booziness really was the main flavor. For July, it was a treat, for winter it could be a necessity.

From the menu:
A Dark, Robust & Sweet Lager. It has hints of alcohol warmth with flavors of dark fruits & roasted caramel.
*The description was dead on.

Comments

Popular Posts