Peach Porch Lounger (New Belgium)

This juicy peach brew was the last in a Lips of Faith summer tasting. It's "an ale brewed with molasses and lemon peel and with peach juice added." I bought it because it was a Lips of Faith brew (brainwashed), the peach intrigued me. I will say that I didn't have high hopes for a beer with juice added. It's one thing to have some small additives, it's another for it to have juice and still be beer. But Mr. K loves the peach, and I couldn't pass it up.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This gold-amber brew had a white bubbly head that dissipated quickly. I could smell the peach from where I poured it. It smelled yeasty with a slight citrus. The last ounce, as it warmed, smelled like peach blossoms. It was very fragrant.

Taste: It was creamy yet acidic. The acid cuts through leaving it dry. It was nice to have a dry fruity beer. I was a little afraid that it would be syrupy and saccharine. I should have known better; this was coming from New Belgium.

From the bottle:
An afternoon on the stoop, foot stomps a loop. Southern style poured in 2 glasses, time becomes molasses. Harmony with hominy grits, peel the peaches and throw out the pits, get some action in the bottle with brettanomyces. G love in a brew, peach porch lounger sings just for you.

Comments

Popular Posts