Southern Pecan (Lazy Magnolia)

I normally don't drink and blog, but this brew was interesting enough that I booted up my laptop for a post.

This Mississippi beer was given to me by a friend with one of those beer-of-the-month subscriptions. She shares some of the questionable brews. This one was definitely interesting. It's more of a late-night snack or something to hold you over until your next meal. It's that handful of nuts you keep in your car in case your starving and don't want to be tempted to go through the drive through. It's the desk reserve to snack on during a lunchtime meeting. It's..not a typical beer. But it's yummy.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This brown-amber brew had a thick, off-white head that stuck around for a while (after a vigorous pour). It had a light nutty scent that took me a while to pick up, which was stronger as it warmed up.

Taste: This is so richly nutty. Like a dried roasted nut not candied. There is not a grittiness to this like some nut brews. It's creamy. It's very, very pecan. Pecan upfront. Pecan aftertaste. I feel like I need a water to wash this down!

Comments

Popular Posts