Witches' Brew (Brouwerij Van Steenberg)

I started out my Halloween festivities with this Belgian Golden Ale. I bought it last year, but with the 9.3% ABV, the bottle conditioning, and the sugars it was a good one to age.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This golden beauty had a frothy white head that dissipated slowly, but quickly enough to finish the pour. The sugars left lacing on the glass as I drank it down. It was quite carbonated with a nice pop when I tapped the cork out. It smelled like fresh apples.

Taste: It was very effervescent. It tasted like crisp apples in tartness and sweetness. It was dry and boozy. It was a sipping beer to enjoy as the ants terrorized a New Mexican town.

From the bottle (liked it better than the site):
Enjoy this bottle conditioned blond triple living ale. Its pleasant hoppyness is masterly balanced with a soft round and joyous sweetness, enveloped in a radiating glow. It will put a spell on you.

Comments

Popular Posts