Black Friday (Ironwood Brewing)

I had a couple of Ironwood brews at Porter's Perfect Pint earlier this year. They didn't really stick out, but after trying so many other brews, my taste buds were overwhelmed.

Ironwood is a new operation on the outside of the Valparaiso downtown area. It's taken me a while to get out there; it's hard to go out that way and pass up Hunter's. I had a friend coming into town, so it was the perfect opportunity to try it out again.

I ordered this Russian Imperial Stout right off. After a couple of beers earlier that night, at 13%, this was only only brew at Ironwood.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This black beer had a tan, frothy head that settled to a slick. It smelled incredibly boozy and woody.

Taste: It didn't hide the 13% ABV at all. I tasted tobacco and dark fruit. It was dry. A molasses flavor came out as it warmed.

Comments

Popular Posts