Porter County Chile Mama (Hunter's Brewing)

Talk about a warm weather brew! I visited the Hunter's taproom (Chesterton, Indiana) for the first time in a few weeks and was delighted to find this winter warmer on tap. They've infused the standard Porter County with smoked red chile for a wonderful treat. I took a growler of this home, and it kept me sane while we were snowed in. If only I had some chili to drink it with. They still have this on tap. I wonder if there is enough left to take some home for chili this week...

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This black brew had a reverse coffee-colored head. I smelled a smoky roast and coffee.

Taste: The roast came through. It tasted like a good chili chocolate. It was mellow. The creaminess is wiped off the tongue by the red chile heat and bitter roast flavors. It has a slight molasses flavor as it warms. The roastiness sticks around.

Comments

Popular Posts