Belgian Style Yeti (Great Divide)

I've written notes about three other styles of this Great Divide Imperial Stout, the illusive Yeti. I had the first of this two-bottle purchase in 2011 on the last day of the year. It was a nice winter brew, great to ring in the new year. I saved this bottle for a rainy (or snowy) day. As the temps have dipped down this odd and snowy April, I cracked open the bottle one evening and hibernated in the basement with Mr. K.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This black brew had a creamy, coffee-colored head. It smelled like roasted malt with a sugary, caramel-sweet aroma.

Taste: It was smooth and syrupy. It was thick and creamy with the yeasty pour. It had a medium roast flavor. I tasted a deep spice that I couldn't quite place, was it cardamom? I may never know, this brew is no longer listed on the Great Divide website!

Comments

Popular Posts