Rye Stout (Bell's)

Dipping into the notes archives, I tried this stout in February. It had been a while since I had a Bell's brew. They are generally hit or miss for me. When I saw it on the menu, I went for it. When they brought it over with such a thick luxurious head, I knew it would be a nice treat while I waited for my friend to arrive.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: It had just a creamy, creamy, creamy off-white head. It was dense and silky. It was a black brew with strong rye spice aromas.

Taste: It was smoky, it was creamy, and it was spicy. It fit the style to a tee. There was no question about the rye, but it wasn't overpowering. It was rich and delicious. It would have went well with a steak.

From the Bell's site:
Rye Stout presents the earthy flavor of rye in a stout package. Roasted malts are definitely present, but the dark chocolate aspect is favored over coffee notes. Lighter than several in the Bell’s stout portfolio, Rye Stout remains a full-bodied beer with 6.5% ABV.

Comments

Popular Posts