√225 Saison Zymatore (Brasserie des Franches-Montagnes)

After reading the description I had to try this Swiss brew. After delicious roast beef sandwich, I sipped this brew and tried to taste all of the complex flavors that changed as it warmed. This makes the list as one of the most interesting brews I've ever had. Hopleaf doesn't mess around when it comes to rare and delicious brews.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This copper-orange brew had a thick and creamy white head. It left thick lacing on the glass as I drank it down. It smelled oaky and sour.

Taste: This was sweet, sour, and incredibly smooth. It was woody, not quite smoked, not a resinous hops. I sipped it. I let a big gulp sit in my mouth. I smelled it. I was such a weirdo drinking this beer. But I was trying to pinpoint this flavor I was getting after the woodiness and sweetness. It wasn't spice. Was there a minty flavor to it? It was something at the end that just came up that tasted like mint to me. Maybe it was just an acid funk. The deep aftertaste was oak.

From the menu:
BFM's 15th anniversary beer aged in Christian Drouin calvados & Belgian Owl whiskey barrels. Slightly funky with oaky sweentess.

Comments

Popular Posts