Ryan and the Beaster Bunny (Evil Twin)

I don't have a lot of notes on Evil Twin. One of the best beers I've ever had, was a sip off of my friend's Biscotti Break at Local Option (no notes, sorry). All Evil Twin is worth noting.

I picked up this farmhouse-style ale at my local liquor shop. I like a cold, crisp, and funky ale on a hot summer day. While this holiday weekend has been cool, it was still nice to crack one open while prepping some meat and veg for the grill.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This straw-colored brew had a frothy white reverse head that stuck to the glass. Surprisingly it was the hop oils, not sugars, causing that lacing. It was incredibly carbonated straight from the bottle. I smelled floral, orange blossomy hops.

Taste: This was much more bitter and way less funky than expected. It tasted like orange bitter. A honey sweetness balances it out. Candied orange peel. There is a complexity of flavor with a bit of spice (maybe cardamom). Very good!

Comments

Popular Posts