Aurelio's Batch 59 (Two Brothers)

This brew is special not because of it's rarity or age, but because it shows the sense of community in the area. A wonderful local brewery (Two Brothers) brewed a special release for Aurelio's, a pizza joint that's been in operation since 1959. Aurelio's has several locations now, but I was at the original in Homewood, IL. I sat looking and the intricate stained glass panels at my white and red checkered table drinking this standard amber and waiting for my delicious pizza.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This reddish brew had a bubbly white head that settled down to a layer that stuck around. The malty sugars left thick lacing on the glass. It smelled malty sweet.

Taste: It was light and sweet. It had a light, very light earthy bitterness. It was an all-day sort of brew, even if it is a bit sweet. It's a brew I'd take to a party. I think it was a perfect brew with wide appeal for the audience at this pizza place. After the list of Coors, Miller, Bud, it's nice to see a few choice craft brews at Aurelio's. It's extra nice to see them pairing up with a small-scale brewery.

Comments

Popular Posts