Sweet Hop Candy: Molotov Cocktail Simcoe Edition

I'm limiting my posts to the truly notable, and this one fits the bill. My favorite local liquor shop, that I avoid to prevent direct deposit of my pay to this spot, has had quite the Evil Twin expansion. They had rows of Biscotti Break, Ron and the Beast Ryan, and loads of others. I couldn't resist this bottle of Molotov Cocktail Single Simcoe Hop Edition. It was worth the break in my self control.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: Gold with a white ring of tiny bubbles after the head settled. It smelled like I cut open a plastic bag of simcoe pellets. It had a malty, sugary, sweetness.

Taste: Hop candy. So smooth, so hoppy, so earthy sweet. It was incredibly creamy and decadent for an Imperial IPA. After a few hearty sips, I read the bottle to see if they had any notes. In this glance I realized that this beauty was 13% ABV! It hid it well!

Comments

Popular Posts