Beneficience (Ironwood Brewing)

I stopped at Ironwood after the Valparaiso International Center's 4th Friday discussion about the Faroe Islands. It was late, but we still had time for a couple of pours. I tried the braggot, it was sweet and boozy. I sipped the barrel-aged barleywine, it was rich and warming. I had some of Mr. K's sour wheat and it was hearty, tart, and well balanced. Then I had a 5 oz pour of this IPA. I could have smelled it for hours. It is heavy on the hops, with Chinook, Citra, and Galaxy in the recipe.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This straw-colored brew left thick, oily lacing on the glass. The smell was where it was at. So grassy, piney, peachy, earthy, fresh. It was sweet smelling.

Taste: It tasted like fresh wort. Herbaceous hops, sweet unfermented malt sugars, delicious.

Comments

Popular Posts