Seafood by the Sea


When in Omaha you eat steaks. When in Puerto Rico you eat lechon. When in Krakow you eat cabbage and pierogi. When you're in Sorrento... you eat whatever they pull from that beautiful from the Gulf of Sorrento!

Last night, Mr. K and I had a fine dining experience in one of the few upscale spots with a view of the gulf. At Mimmo Iodice, we had the best octopus I've had. This meaty octopus was grilled to perfection. It was served with squid ink and a green sauce made of onion, basil, and parsley. I had perfectly cooked pasta with a scorpion fish ragĂș, olive, and a caper flower. Mr. K had a vibrant risotto purpled with red cabbage topped with a chunk of cod.

But the main dish was the one I set out to write about. This seafood casserole for two had langoustine, crawfish, sea bass, and all manner of clams. The delicate, yet rich broth was perfect for soaking crostini. I used all the tools in my arsenal to get through this dish. I had a large spoon, a small fork, and a knife of sorts. I scooped. I cracked. I separated. It was divine. I nearly finished it all, but I had to save room for dessert. So one clam and a bit of carrot escaped me.



Pistachio macaron with fennel ice cream

Chocolate dome filled with whipped, sweet marscarpone and a coffee syrup



Comments

Popular Posts