Random Post - Musings


I haven't written a proper blog post in what seems like ages. I've been telling my stories in Instagram, through photos of my travels. It's fun for me to walk down memory lane, and it's fun to interact with strange, new people, who are interested in my photos.

I've just been letting life take me where it needs to. Working, cleaning, cooking, living life.

I've been trying to master cat introductions for a new little beast who adopted us back in May. He's gorgeous, well-behaved, and cuddly. My resident cats will not tolerate the intrusion. I've read The Cat Whisperer, which makes me think the idea is a mistake. I either have a house full of litter boxes, food, and cat towers, or I don't deserve a single feline friend.

I've been drinking all sorts of concoctions. Gin cocktails with elderflower rose lemonade, home brews, and deep red wines.

I've been eating, good and bad. Clearing out my pantry with creative creations. Eating Hershey's Kisses that are who knows how old. Those don't go bad, right? Finishing off my homemade jerk paste on some juicy chicken thighs. No longer rationing my pasteles, in effort to clear the freezer.

I've been trying to, successfully and unsuccessfully, connect with other human beings.

I went to an amazing symposium about feminism in leadership, taking advantage of the wonderful speakers that come to Chicago. "Let's value feminine principles and use the masculine in service of the feminine." It's all those traits that make us human: empathy, compassion, imagining consequences. Call it what you will, but I can agree that we're largely lacking in those areas these days. You just have to turn on the news to see it!

I went to the Lagunita's Beer Circus. Every year I get a little more risky in my costume. I put on the Tani K show and talked to strangers....a bit.

I've tried to have lunches with friends and informational meet ups with professionals I value.

Here are some random photos of my past month or so.

Pistachio Rum Cake at Nana's in Bridgeport

Fetching Market at Ford Hanger in Lansing, IL

Crazy Pelicans at St. John's Pass

My Beer Circus Friends (at least while I took th the picture)

One of my final harvests


Comments

Popular Posts