Colorado Impressions


I've not been writing, I've been adventuring! Which feels odd to say in the winter months.

But in Colorado, the sun shines, the skies are blue, and the crisp air doesn't seem as painful. The people have been welcoming, and we're having a great time.

Colorado is everything that I hoped it would be. The proximity to the mountains, access to art, the small-town feel, and the open spaces make it my kind of place.

I've settled in and feel like Tani again!

I've enjoyed this beautiful state. On a 60 degree day, I found my way to the winter wonderland of Bear Lake after a good snow and walked where there was no path.

There is more to Colorado than the great outdoors. I've found some vibrant neighborhoods, some cozy bars, and some top notch brew pubs. I've visited Denver's Museum of Contemporary Art on 1¢ First Saturdays and joined the SIE. I've taken advantage of public transport and open spaces. I've gone to fancy chocolate and rich cookie beer pairings at local breweries. I've found a couple of good places for pizza, Indian/Nepalese, Lebanese, and am on the hunt for the best Chinese food.

The hardest thing now is not to settle into a routine. But maybe I'm not in danger of settling. We haven't even gotten to spring yet, where I have dreams of overflowing gardens, picnics in the park, and long meandering hikes. So much to look forward to. This chapter has just begun.


Comments

Popular Posts