To Grandma's House We Go

Grandma's House
1710 South Broadway, Denver, CO
grandmasbeer.co


Hard candies in crystal dishes. Eclectic figurines. The old mix of board games for the grandkids. The cross-stitched social media icons. Knitted tap handle cozies. Brews served up in old Welsh's jam jars or fruit-stenciled glassware. This Denver brewery taproom brings back the nostalgia as intended, with the modern twist. As part of the local community, they host events like foul-mouthed cross stitching, bingo, dirty doodles, and yoga.

I headed over to Grandma's house for my second installment of Sipping + Sewing. Last time I sipped and sewed, I went to Odyssey Beerwerks to sew up a booze bag and learn about my machine. This time was a fun change of locale and an advanced project involving zippers, zigzags, and a delicious couple of brews.

The spot was cozy. They had a TV setup with couches to play video games like Mario Kart and nice big tables to spread out your board games or coloring books. There was no short of activities for us kids. Activities and drinking.

The beer list was extensive, with a range that hit all the styles. They had a hoppy cream ale, sake beer, traditional browns, pales, and porters. The three I had were all delicious and true to style: Biff, (Porter), How's Your Father (ESB), and The Drive (Brown).

I'll be back, sewing machine in tow or maybe some knitting needles, but definitely with a thirst for tasty craft beer with a side of nostalgia.

Win, Lose or Draw? Don't mind if I do!

How many creepy figurines can you find?

Comments

Popular Posts