Blurring the Line an Exhibition

I had the chance to attend the opening night of the blurring the line exhibit at the Arvada Center, northwest of Denver. It was a plethora of functional art: funky furniture, wild hats, eye-catching jewelry. I could walk through it again and again. My favorite, not surprisingly, was the Triceratops and Dino Showgirl Headdress works. Interactive clothing was on display with flashing lights and name tags that showed your emotions. The rings and necklaces seemed like they'd come alive on human touch. A well-calibrated 3D printer was used for audio and visual art, generating perfect low-density hexagons and wild, filament-drip-laced linked bits. Some pieces might impale you, if you're too mesmerized. It was a sensory delight.

I wanted to touch everything so bad, but, no touching. So I had to touch with my eyes, my brain, my being.

It was all very cool.

Sara Lornitzo Collection
Most Likely to Wear


Sara Lornitzo, Dinosaur Showgirl Headdress
Most Likely to Steal from a Friend

Kristin Stransky
Most Likely to Prance Around In

Jesse Mathes, Farthingale
Most Likely to Impale Myself On

Christine Ann Nicols, Geode Lamp #1
Best Natural Lighting

Emily Stevens, 67
Best Natural Planting


Comments

Popular Posts