DMNS Friday Fun

Diplodocus - Tip to Tail - 9:36 PM MST

Yes! I finally got that nostril to tip of the tail photo of a diplodocus without a single person in the way. How did I manage that? DMNS Friday Evening Hours.

The museum is open until 10 PM on Fridays for us to get our natural history fix. You can dip in for an hour or three. They have someone on the piano, food, and drink. All the exhibits are open, which spreads out the visitors a bit. The later you stay, the more you have to yourself. I popped in last minute and got to peruse the Corral Bluff pop-up exhibit in private. You can stare at stars, muse over mummies, rollick with rocks, and party with parrots...all at your pace.

It's really nice to be able to enjoy this incredible collection at a time that works well for me. It's super convenient to be able to stop in after work and have a casual visit. With expanded hours, I have the luxury of popping in to see an eagle or taking the time to make my way through the Gems and Minerals Hall.

Comments

Popular Posts