Houblon Chouffe (Brasserie d’ Achouffe)

I had this one on tap at Regional Food and Drink in DC. I was having a Belgian kind of evening. When I saw Belgian IPA, I had to try it. Plus the Brasserie d’ Achouffe N'ice is a good one. You can't pass up a beer with a little gnome on the label.

General Thoughts: Still on my lacing kick, this lacing was better than the Brigand I had before it. The lacing went well into the bowl of the tulip that it was served in. It was really light for an IPA, but didn't lack in bitterness or delicious hop flavor. The after taste was bitter as you'd expect and very nice. It was a nice golden color.

From the La Chouffe site:
"The HOUBLON CHOUFFE was brewed for the first time in 2006.  It is an ‘Indian Pale ale’ type of beer, with a harmonious balance between a marked bitterness (three types of hops are used to make it) and a pleasant fruitiness.  The HOUBLON CHOUFFE is unfiltered, and re-fermented in the bottle as well as in the keg. "

** Update** I purchased a bottle of this and had a glass (10/28). It was incredibly frothy, I couldn't get a good pour in. The head is like a long-lasting meringue. I was still drinking it and there was this little glacier of a bit of head hanging on. It's like when you pop a scoop of ice cream into root beer.


5/16/12 - I really can't get enough of this brew. I passed up Founders KBS, some McCoy locals, and other Craft Beer Week gems for this brew. So good. Got a good picture too (finally). Show you how crazy that hop oil and sugar head is!

Comments

Popular Posts