Harpoon IPA (Harpoon)

I had this one on tap at Buffalo Billiards in DC. Their food is general American bar food, but I know they have couple of good brews on tap. I think I had this another time, but I don't remember it. I know I had one of their Leviathan series beers and thought it was okay...worth trying this IPA.

General Thoughts
I was catching up with a friend, so my thoughts are brief.
Look and Smell: Gold color with a light head (in amount and color). I couldn't really smell it in the middle of the bar.

Taste: It was bitter and hoppy, but light. It wasn't extremely complex, but it was drinkable. I'd drink it again, but I wouldn't spend a ton of money on this one. The aftertaste was bitter. It wasn't bad.

** I had it again and could smell the pine-ness/floral-ness of it. It was very good. It was pretty dry, but not painfully. I guess this is a friendship brew...my second taste was during a catch up session with KC Bill and making a new friend, Dan.

From the Harpoon site:
The high hopping of Harpoon IPA is not only noticeable in the nose but especially in the finish. The lingering bitter finish of this beer is not harsh or astringent, but crisp and pronounced. This is created, in part, by dry hopping – a technique that involves adding fresh hops to the conditioning beer to provide a fresh hop aroma.

This beer is floral, medium body with an aggressive, clean hop finish.

Comments

Popular Posts