Tripel (Great Divide)

I bought a bottle of this "reverent Belgian-style ale" to share with a friend who enjoys Belgians and Wheats. I think that Great Divide has a decent offering. I don't remember trying this before.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: It was a yellow gold color. It had a white bubbly head that settled quickly. I thought the smell was musky with a light citrus scent. It had very light lacing as I drank it down.

Taste: It was creamy. I could taste ripe orange. It was bitter-sweet. I tasted a savory herb like sage. The aftertaste was bitter, with an earthy sweet that lingered. I will say between my friends and I, we liked this brew, but preferred Avery's Salvation. This was a really nice beer though.

I couldn't find this beer on the Great Divide site. From the bottle:
Tripel's medium body and straw hue belie a beer of wondrous complexity. Fruity yeast character dominates throughout, while sweet malt and noble hops give way to a bit of warmth in the finish. Ever hugged a monk? This dangerously drinkable abbey-inspired ale just might have you chasing down the next one you see.

Comments

Popular Posts