Gnomegang (Ommegang and Brasserie d’ Achouffe)

As soon as I heard that Ommegang and La Chouffe were coming out with a collaboration Belgian-style strong ale, I wanted to start stalking the liquor store. They were supposed to start distributing early March and selling late March/early April. I checked out this new pub (Beer Geeks) and sure enough, they had it on tap. I couldn't have been happier.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: I could smell the straw-colored brew before it hit the table. It was citrusy, floral, and yeasty. It had a white bubbly head.

Taste: Creamy. I could taste the citrus and yeast that I smelled. This is totally my new spring beer, if it lasts that long. The aftertaste is dry. This it totally one of my favorites. N'ice Chouffe is for winter, and this is for spring.

I looked all over and could only find articles and unofficial postings about Gnomegang.

Comments

Popular Posts