Cole Porter (Half Moon)

I tried this porter on tap at Half Moon. Porters are a type that I really enjoy, so I like to try them at the different pubs I visit. After sampling a few of their beers, this seemed to be where it was at. The picture is terrible, but that's what I got without being rude!

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This beer was on tap with nitro, which I found to be strange. It seems to be a growing trend though. It was black with a creamy head. I could smell the roast over the food around me at the bar.

Taste: The roast and chocolate malts came through. It was creamy....and tasted of milk! To be honest it tasted like more of a milk stout than a porter. As a milk stout it was decent. There was totally some lactose sugars it in **assumption**. The beer was drinkable. I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

From the Half Moon site:
A pleasantly roasty and smooth beer that is black in color.  If you’re into bold flavors matched with outstanding drinkability, you’ll love its velvety goodness!   

Comments

Popular Posts