Double Trouble (Founders)

Breaking from the DFH, I had this wonderful Imperial IPA on tap at Beer Geeks (yes...imperial...). I don't remember having had this before. For a Jan-Apr beer, it was very spring to me. After trying this, I promptly bought some at my neighborhood liquor store.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: Straw-colored brew. The head was white, bubbly and frothy. I could smell citrusy and floral hops. It smelled sappy and floral. It didn't smell super bitter to me. It had a great aroma.

Taste: Sappy, sappy, sappy. Almost sticky. In a good way. The aftertaste had some acid to it and bitter honey. Very nice, smooth and flavorful brew.

From the Founders site:
An imperial IPA that was brewed to turn your world upside down. Hops will get you coming and going. Pungent aromatics up front pair with a malt-balanced backbone and a smooth bitter finish.

Comments

Popular Posts