Beer Geeks

3030 45th. St. | Highland, IN

Beer Geeks is worth writing about. They are definitely in the same market for the Three Floyds crowd.

They serve great craft beers (kegs, bombers, and casks) in an unpretentious environment. Just to name a few gems they had on their menu: Dragon's Milk, Gnomegang, Elector, and Resistance IPA. To complement the great selection, the prices were reasonable.

It's a dark spot in a shopping center, and it has no windows. I hate to say it, but if not for the name and recommendations, I probably would not have walked in.

When you walk in, it's sparse. You see it all right there. The bar has all the brews written up in neon ink on a big black board. Easy for me to read. It was another place that, I realize now, is smoke free so you can really enjoy the smell and taste of the brews.

I didn't know this before I got there, but they don't serve food. It's not a complaint, but I need to remember to expect to feel the effects of the booze a lot faster if I go there with an empty stomach. Looking at the table cards and website, they do have a buffet on Tuesdays. They also have a byof policy and there is a pizza joint and gyro place next door.

The music they played on the sound system was an interesting mix. They have bands, although I'm not sure how they fit in the cramped quarters.

The artwork on the walls was super cool. I am taking a picture next time I go. They have really great drawings of famous characters and people drinking beer. Just to name a few: Doc Brown, Darwin, Mister Peabody, Yoda, the Beast, and Spock. They were really well done. They also have a color painting of "The Creation of Beer" mimicking Michelangelo's". The Creation of Adam". God is pouring a brown/amber-colored brew from His glass to Adam's glass. Sacrilegious and nice, all at the same time. Well done.

Totally love this place. If I can get in on a Friday or Saturday night, this may be my new evening hang out to go along with my off-hours Three Floyds visits (sorry FFF, but I don't like waiting in line).

Comments

Popular Posts