Elwood's IPA (Half Moon)

I drank this brew on tap at Half Moon. I was in the mood for something hoppy and flavorful. The person serving it didn't like it, but I enjoyed the sample enough for a pint.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: I could smell the hops right on as it was set down on the bar. It was copper colored with a white bubbly head. It left light lacing as I drank it down.

Taste: It was pretty thick for an IPA. The hops were earthy. This brew was sappy. I love sappy beer. I would definitely order this one again. The description said it was fruity. I'm just thinking that the people and Half Moon and I have completely different ideas of flavors and beer! My taste is different, so I rarely even read descriptions before I order a drink.

From the Half Moon site:
For the hopheads!  This is an amber colored India Pale Ale.  It starts with a citrus-like aroma from generous helpings of fresh hops, and the hop flavor carries right on through to the finish.  A very dry but fruity and flavorful beer that will leave you wanting another!

Comments

Popular Posts