Robert the Bruce (Three Floyds)

This was the Three Floyd's brew that started it all for me. I've always had a fondness in my heart for Scottish Ales, but this one is among the best. I generally pass the standards over for the new or seasonal brews at FFF, but I was at a different bar with this on tap.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This deep red brew had a white bubbly head that clung to the glass. I could smell the malt even through the smells in the bar. The biscuit-ness of it....

Taste: The taste is a great balance of malt, hops and grain for this style. The biscuit taste comes through to match the aroma. It's warm, it's complex, it's good all over. I feel like I should be saying more, but there is nothing more I can say. This beer is great!

From the Three Floyds site:
A bold Scottish ale with a complex malty body derived from roasted and crystal malts balanced with just the right combination of hops. This ale pours a deep ruby color, has a sweet malty nose with layered caramel and roasted notes and a full body. Robust yet smooth, Robert The Bruce is a malt lover’s delight.

Comments

Popular Posts