Bob's Old 15-B (New Albanian Brewing Company)

I hit the Public House and had a great time. I also had this great porter from their tap. I had sampled it after a Ragnarok the day before, which wasn't a fair comparison. I figured I'd give it a shot alone.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: It was black with a very creamy head that stuck around a little while. I could smell a light roast.

Taste: I could taste the grain and a bitter hop matched with an earthy malt. It was a standard porter combination of flavors, but the roast was very strong. The balance leaned toward the roast. The aftertaste was grain and roast. Not a bad beer. I would order it again and recommend it to people who love a good porter.

From the NABC site:
Formulated by our friend Bob Capshew, Old 15-B was the winner of a homebrew competition held in 2003 by FOSSILS, New Albany’s famous homebrewing club. NABC agreed to reward the winning Porter with a one-off brewing, but the ensuing public reaction was so favorable that we decided to continue doing it year-round. Back then, “15-B” was the Porter style designation according to Beer Judge Certification Program guidelines, but after the numbering system for style categories and subcategories was changed, Bob's became "old" rather than changing to the new number.

Comments

Popular Posts