Amon Amarth - Ragnarok (Three Floyds)

I enjoyed a glass (read several glasses) of this brew on tap at Three Floyds. The idea of a Honey Porter piqued my interest. I knew FFF would do it right, but I still was cautious.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: It had a very creamy tan-colored head. The head really stuck around for a bit. It was black with a roasted taste. No lacing to speak of.

Taste: It was nice and thick. I could taste the roast and some sweetness, but the sweet was balanced by a sharp bitter. If I picked apart the flavors, I could probably note some of the complex points. I just sat and enjoyed it. This may have displaced Topless Wytch! I would say that TW has a chill-inducing hoppy spike in it, but Ragnarok is a little less heavy and doesn't cause me a headache after.

From the menu:
A beer for the end of ages brewed with our friend in the band Amon Amarth. This Aesir Porter is a robust and hearty beer brewed with local honey and a small portion of smoked malt. When Heimdall sounds the Giallar-horn, this is the beer to be hoisted by the gods in anticipation of the coming battle.

Comments

Popular Posts