Ruggoop (Three Floyds)

While I was enjoying the DL madness, and they had some other great brews at the pub post-DLD like the Bourbon Barrel Alpha Klaus and Topless Wytch, I could not pass up this Rye Wine. I love this beer. I haven't had it since right before I started this blog.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This amber brew had a frothy white head that dissipated quickly. I could smell sappy hops.

Taste: The hops kind of reminded me of Arctic Panzer Wolf. That chilling type of bitter that makes me block out everything else. The sappy taste and grain were the big tastes. The aftertaste was grainy.

I got two glasses while I could. Until we meet again....

From the menu:
A Tredje gang or lykkens gang... Denne gang har Mikkeller og Three Floyds Brygget en Rye Wine med masser af rug malt, lakkerhummle oog gaer. Og lidt vand. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts