Alpha King (Three Floyds)

This is a flagship brew of Three Floyds. I was able to get it on tap at another local bar, so I figured I'd support the locals and enjoy a good American Pale Ale whilst doing it.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This amber-colored ale had a white foamy head that left good, bubbly lacing as I drank it down. I could smell the earthy and sharp hops over the crowded bar.

After reading the site description, I'm thinking that sharpness to the hop scent is the citrus. 

Taste: The hops were definitely the first and main flavor of this brew. Tasty, earthy hops. The aftertaste was nice and bitter. A good standard pale ale.

From the FFF site:
3 Floyd’s flagship beer, Alpha King is a big American pale ale that pours a deep amber with a creamy head. This ale is brewed with Centennial, Cascade, and Warrior hops giving it an intense citrus aroma and a crisp hoppy finish.

Comments

Popular Posts