Brew Haven Taste: A Good and Interesting Dozen (Indiana Homebrewers)

The highlight of the Brew Haven Brewfest was the homebrewers. The brought in everything from sours to stouts.

All In Order
(Except Chard and Lemon)
I started with an Oro Sour Blonde. It was clearish in color with a bubbly head. It smelled and tasted very funky.

I moved to a Rose Lare One Flemish-style ale. This reddish sour brew was very tasty, reminiscent of a Monk's Cafe.

The best brew in the fest was this Cherry Wood-Smoked Mild brew. It was a cherry-brown color and smelled like pipe tobacco and smoke. It was wonderfully smooth and smokey, while still showcasing the beer of it (hops, malt and yeast).

Next I tried the Chardonnay & Oak-Aged Sour Blonde, and it just tasted like sour lemons to me. Kind of like a shandy, without the sweetness. Not bad, but not not what I want for beer.

I tried an Oak-Aged Zinfandel Pyment was boozy and sweet.

The Strong Dark with Kriek was black with a thin, bubbly, white head. It was sticky and syrupy to me. Not the normal tartness I'm used to.

The Ante Up Bohemian Pils looked and smelled like standard pils. It was refreshing on that hot day though, and had very little aftertaste.

The Wash Down the BBQ was gold-is with a light malty taste. It was very light overall, but refreshing.

Gucci Loafers had to be the second best for me. It was a roasted porter with a fantastic coffee roast. As soon as I tasted it, I had to tell everyone about it!

The Opie Pale Belgian Ale was very fruity. Definitely worked well in the heat. I tasted both apple and lime.

After running under the tent in the rain, the last taste was two very different beers: a smoked wheat (Gratzer) and some sort of very sweet stout.








Comments

Popular Posts