Golden Cap (New Holland)

I drank this Saison ale out of its bottle next to a campfire. I got eaten up by mosquito, but hey, that's life outdoors.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: It was in its bottle, so I didn't get a good look at the color and whatnot. I could smell some hops, but I couldn't pick out the character next to that fire.

Taste: It was hoppy, not quite bitter, not quite sweet. The aftertaste was bitter. I'd drink it again, but it didn't have the complexity of Dragon's Milk or some of their other brews.

From the New Holland site:
Golden Cap Saison is a modern interpretation of a traditional farmhouse ale. A soft, pale beer, Golden Cap embodies the flavors and aromas of summer fields. Brewed with an ancestor of wheat called spelt, its straw-colored body, lively carbonation and a unique fermentation profile evoke fresh cut hay and cracked peppercorn.

Comments

Popular Posts