Part 1: A Flight at the Original Munchie Emporium

This was my first visit to Mad Anthony. Since this wasn't a pub in my area, and I can't gradually taste their brews, I tried the taster line-up to get an idea of what they have to offer.


Gabby Blonde Lager
Look and Smell: It was a light yellow and smelled a bit grainy.
Taste: It tasted grainy. I swear it tasted like corn. All that grain makes it less than refreshing.  Not for me.
From the menu: An American style golden later, with pale color, low malt sweetness, and subtle hopping. It is clean, crisp, and refreshing. **Looking at their ingredients, they do list yellow corn....support for my off taste!**
ABV: 4.0%  IBU: 14

'Auburn' Lager
Look and Smell: Brownish-amber color. I could smell some malt to it. It had light lacing.
Taste: Malt and light hops. A good-ish every day beer.
From the menu: An American style amber lager with a rich, malty, slightly sweet flavor and a refreshing hop crispness.
ABV: 4.6%  IBU: 21

'Ol' Woody' Pale Ale
Look and Smell:Gold with some lacing. I could smell the hops over the rest.
Taste: Oh cascade hops, how I love thee. They are a standard, I know, but it hits me in a certain way. Comforting and chill inducing. It was light with a bitterness at the end. It was well balanced.
From the menu: An American style pale ale. This complex bitter ale has strong aroma and flavor contributed by American-grown cascade hops.
ABV: 5.0%  IBU: 40

Comments

Popular Posts