5 Rabbit (5 Rabbit)

I enjoyed a pint of this Golden Ale at Sheffield's, while on my way to an art fest. I had a taste of this at the MWBF and thought I should try a full pint.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: It was gold with a white, bubbly head. I couldn't smell it over the surrounding bbq.

Taste: I noted this at the fest, and I had the same experience this time...it's just an ale. The flavors were so subtle that I didn't taste them. I don't find any complexity in flavor or added goodness. It's a well-done ale, but not anything I'd go out of my way for. I had thought that their amazing 5 Lizard was just over-shadowing it, but that wasn't the case. Depending on the tap selection, I'd order it again. It's a good brewery to support.

From the 5 Rabbit site:
5 Rabbit is an elegant beer that shows hints of light caramel and honeyed malt notes, carefully balanced with a sophisticated European noble hop aroma, with fruity and spicy flavors.

Comments

Popular Posts