Hoppy Feet (Clown Shoes)

I found this Black IPA in the back of my beer fridge. I have so many good beers that have just been hanging out. I keep finding new ones in my stash. I had a thing for Black IPAs for a while. One of these days, I might just get up the energy to write an inventory or something! Nothing beats just going into the lair and picking a bottle just based on looks and feeling though.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This black brew had a really foamy tan head. It stays on top like a root beer float. It smells like hops and vanilla. It had thick lacing as I drank it down with the top getting a little stringy as I slowly drank it.

Taste: It was really creamy with a bitter roast. The hops were bitter. I also tasted caramel and vanilla. This is a great example of a roasted IPA. It's the marriage of two of my favorite styles.

From the Clown Shoes site:
Hoppy Feet has been lovingly crafted by combining Premium malt with lots of Amarillo and Columbus Hops. Grapefruit and Pine are balanced on the nose and on the palate by a nutty, dark chocolate, roasted backbone.

Totally different than my take on it. I never read the descriptions first...I may have to try it again!

Comments

Popular Posts