Lucy's (Haymarket)

I have much catching up to do on beer notes from the past month. I have a quick set of brews that I enjoyed at Haymarket Pub & Brewery. After trying a The Living Wage earlier this year, Haymarket  was on my must-visit list. Meeting new friends was a great excuse to get myself over to the pub. This Belgian-Style Abbey Trippel was first on my list. I was enjoying the company, so my notes are very short.


General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This gold-ish brew smelled a little grassy to me. It had a good amount of lacing as I drank it down.

Taste: It has a very light grassy taste, but it's mostly sweet. I got the sweetness with a touch of tart like a sweet pineapple. It was not a standard Belgian-style with a sugar base. It was very good. At 10% ABV, it didn't taste boozy to me. It was strong, but not boozy.

From the Haymarket site:
In honor of Lucy Parsons, the wife of A.R., who was hanged for his involvement in the events of May 4th, 1886 in the Haymarket Square, we brewed this bold, strong and complex strong golden ale with hints of ripe fruit and spice.

Comments

Popular Posts