Black Power (Revolution)

Today is a lazy Friday for me, so I figured I'd catch up on some beer notes. I have some full stories in queue to write, but catch up is the game today.

Looking back at my notes, I had some great brews at Revolution Brewing. I enjoyed this barrel-aged oatmeal stout while I was waiting for my friends. It is definitely worth noting for future reference.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This was absolutely black. It had a creamy coffee-colored head. It smelled of bitter chocolate and wood. It had very thick lacing through to the last drop.

Taste: I taste the wood from the barrel. I was also getting a tobacco-y flavor to it. It was chocolaty. It was creamy to a point, but the booziness cut through it. It didn't hide any of the 8% ABV. I really enjoyed this one; a good sipping brew.

From the Revolution site:
Our Black Power Oatmeal Stout aged in Woodford Reserve bourbon barrels for 9 months. It's strong, chocolaty and smooth.

Comments

Popular Posts