Komodo Dragonfly (Upland)

I enjoyed a pint of this Black IPA from the tap at the Bulldog in Whiting. While their brews were drinkable, I couldn't pass up this Upland. I had to wait for it to warm...I forgot to tell them to serve it in a non-frosted glass! (boo)

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This black brew had a chocolate-colored head. I could smell the hops and sweet malt.

Taste: It had a roast to it from those black malts. The bitter hops cut through the creaminess of it. It ended with a bitter bite. A good Black IPA.

From the Upland site:
Komodo Dragonfly Black IPA is a well-balanced, dark, bitter, and totally unique beer experience. We brewed this IPA with a base of fresh Pilsner Malts and darkened the color with pure Black Malts, creating a clean malt character that allows the liberal hop additions to shine through. Komodo is dry hopped and aged with a pinch of lavender to add to the overall aromatic experience.

**Lavender? I'll have to try this again!

Comments

Popular Posts