Long Haul (Two Brothers)

My January 1 was busy day, walking and Ikea-izing. I ended my day at the Two Brothers Taproom with some goat cheese and red sauce and pizza (bacon serving of the evening). This Session Ale is part of their J Series, aged in an French oak foudres. The Resistance IPA was wonderfully smooth from the aging, I had high expectations for this brew. They were met.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: It was gold-brown with a very frothy white head. I could smell light hops (no oak).

Taste: It was light with a good hop/malt balance. I didn't write much down...I was enjoying the company...and the fooooood!

From the Two Brothers site:
Another offering from the J Series, Long Haul is aged a minimum of four weeks in our oak foudres. This incredibly drinkable ale is light in body but full of flavor. Oaky notes blend with the complex balance of malt and hops. This is a beer you can enjoy for the long haul.

Comments

Popular Posts