Northwind (Two Brothers)

I had my first taste of this at a little winterfest of sorts that Limestone Brewing Company put on. I was comparing this Russian Imperial Stout to the Great Lakes Black Out. While both were good, this just had a little extra. When I found myself at the tap house, I went for a full snifter of it.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: It was black with a toffee-colored ring of bubbles around the top and bubble-thin layer on top. I could smell the thick roast.

Taste: It was more bitter roast than chocolate roast. The bitterness was not too strong for my taste buds. It's sippable with the feel of a good espresso. I'd be afraid to share a glass with friends, because I might not get it back.

From the Two Brothers site:
Dark delights like this were once shipped to the imperial court of Russia. With a firm roasty maltiness balanced against a generous helping of hops, Northwind can stand up to the worst its namesake can dish out! Enjoy it by a roaring fire.

Comments

Popular Posts