Three Philosophers (Ommegang)

Ommegang is one of those breweries that I take for granted. I know they are good, and I know they are available. I always recommend their brews to people, but I realized that I all but stopped buying them. I had a tasty Witte the day before this, and decided to kick off my NYE at Beer Geeks with this classic quadrupel.Ale....fruity kriek...how can I possibly go wrong?


General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This dark brown brew had a light and bubbly head. that left a thin ring on the top. I could smell the Belgian sugar and notable slight dark fruit.

Taste: I tasted the sugars right away and got a little hop. The sourness and Belgian yeast is what makes this so good. It's juicy and the sourness of the tart cherry made my mouth water a bit. It cut through the thick richness.

From the Ommegang site:
Cynics can't believe it, Epicures hail it a sensation, and Pythagoreans just can't add up what makes this luscious blend of rich malty ale and cherry lambic so delightful. It might be the flavor of dark chocolate and cherry cordials; it could be the way it acquires wisdom and grace in the cellar. Maybe it's a conundrum. What's your theory?

The essence of wonder is a unique and masterful blend of strong malty ale and authentic Belgian Kriek. Our philosophers deduce that this powerful marriage of cherries, roasted malts, and dark chocolate will only achieve more wisdom and coherence as it broods in the dark recesses of your cellar.

Comments

Popular Posts