Dogma Dubbel (Figure 8)

I realize that I'm writing a lot of notes for Figure 8, which is not very widely distributed. I guess you can live through my notes a bit, and if you do find your self in NW Indiana, you can try it out. I've been frequenting Figure 8 for their delicious brews and friendly tap room staff. The growlers of Wit Kicker are lifting my spirits through the cold-ish weather.

This Belgian Dubbel was new on tap, so I wanted to give it a try.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This honey-brown ale had a creamy white head. I could smell the Belgian yeasts and sugar. The clove scent was strong, but not overpowering.

Taste: It was sugary to me. It had a barely detectable bitter spike that faded quickly. I got that banana taste, but not like laffy taffy. It was more like a yeasty banana bread. It would be a dessert beer for me. Worth a shot, not the best or worst Belgian-style dubbel I've ever had. Definitely drinkable.

No description on the site, and I didn't get a shot of the menu.

Comments

Popular Posts