Double Dragonfly (Upland)

I had this IPA at a beer and dinner pairing at Pikk's Tavern. I've had this brew before, but that was pre-blog. It was as good as I remembered it. It was carefully paired with a specially formulated braised lamb aloo gobi. It was spiced to stand up to this IPA. The lamb so so tender that it just shredded as I was eating it.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This amber-colored brew had a bubbly white head. It left thick bubbly lacing as I drank it down. The smell was piney hops.

Taste: This IPA was well balanced. The malt comes through the piney hops. It ends with the malt and just a bit of bitterness.

From the Upland site:
We took our award-winning Dragonfly IPA and cranked up the malt and hops, but managed to hold onto the the perfect balance our Dragonfly is known for. The result is a brew with a very powerful hop profile, matching malt character, and an enticing floral nose.

Comments

Popular Posts