PDG (Bier)

Last October, I had the pleasure of visiting Bier Brewery in Indianapolis. It was so good I added it to my Indy brew trail. I had walked away with three bullets from that trip. I hung on to the the empties, because I knew I'd be back. It only took eight months!

This was a quick visit after a wonderful lunch and lambic at Brugge. We tasted across the taps and came home with a Saison and this Pale Ale. It turns out that we had brought back the PDG last time! I found the notes in my archive.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This gold brew was very effervescent. It had a frothy white head after a standard pour. It smelled like smooth hops and light malt.

Taste: It was very smoother than my last notes indicated. Slight woodiness and light fruit hops. Well-balanced hop profile. A little citrus oil stays on the tongue. The malt sweetness rounded it out. A very good pale. I'd recommend it for people who are unsure if they like the hop-strong brews. It's a good representation.


Comments

Popular Posts