Double Fist (Revolution)

While we were at Revolution waiting for a table, I ordered this brew for Mr. K when I ordered my Coup d'etat. I knew he'd like it...and I wanted a good try too. It was the complete opposite of what I was drinking. Strong. Bitter. Lingering.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: The hops on this brew smelled very earthy and pithy. It had a rich creamy head and left heavy lacing. It had an amber tint to it.

Taste: Pith, pith, pith...and pine? It was very strong. Not a lot of malt to balance it out. All of those hop oils left my mouth dry. It wildly contrasted with my French Saison, and I liked it. It was definitely a palate-blasting brew.

From the Revolution site:
Originally brewed as the 100th beer at our brewpub, this strong pale ale packs a serious punch with massive hop flavor. Intense dry-hopping brings a deep, resinous, citrus blast reminiscent of cutting into a fresh bag of hop pellets.

Comments

Popular Posts