Hangdog (Figure 8)

Rye beers are great winter brews. A little natural earthy spice with no additives. They are generally hearty and warming. This Black Rye IPA was just what I needed on a chilly December evening. Both this brew and the Choss use Polaris hops. I could taste the similarities in the two that I'm assuming are the Polaris. This is the first time I've knowingly tried brews with this hop variety. The bitter really stuck to the tongue (high alpha?).

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This black brew had a thick off-white head that stuck around while I drank it. It smelled bitter and malty.

Taste: It was rich. It had a light spice that didn't overpower my taste buds. It was very bitter. The aftertaste stuck around for a while. It had the substance to sustain you during a cold winter night!

From the F8 site:
A blend of six grains create a full sweet body balanced with a generous supply of hops including nugget, mount hood, and polaris.

Comments

Popular Posts