Enjoying the Artistry of Beer: Perennial Artisan Ales

Perennial Artisan Ales
8125 South Michigan | St. Louis, MO
www.perennialbeer.com


The best part of business trips is exploring when possible. I try to hit new restaurants and brewpubs and discover some new favorites. Perennial Artisan Ales is a new-ish brewery in St. Louis in the South County area. It was worth the drive.

I heard about them over the summer from a couple at Ravenswood Remix. I got to try a Half Acre collaboration (Two Tugs Porter) at the Half Acre taproom recently. That was enough to make me want to add it to my itinerary for my next trip to St. Louis.

It was in a warehouse next to a fight club and a salon. The parking lot was small and full, but I was able to get a spot across the street. It made me nervous that it might be full. As I walked up I saw a very nice patio area, too bad it was in the 20's. When I got inside I saw a nice bar and a big enough general seating area. It wasn't crowded.

The warehouse-type atmosphere would have benefited from a few soft surfaces to muffle the sound bouncing of the concrete floors. 

They had a good selection of brews and the option for small pours, so you can taste them all. Belgians seemed to be their specialty, but they had pales and an unbelievable stout too. The prices were reasonable. They also had a nice selection of wines and craft spirits. Something for everyone.  

The food menu wasn't extensive, but everything on it looked delicious. It seemed like they tried to source local ingredients when they could. The menu had a abundance of cheese, which I can't resist. From curds and cheese plates to fancy grilled cheese, I was in cheese heaven. I had pictures, but must have had an issue saving or deleted them in error. Rest assured, the food looked as good as it tasted.

Service was quick and polite. No table-side ordering, you have to hop up to the bar. But they are attentive and quick. 

Perennial offers growler refills, standard and specialty bombers, and even t-shirts. 

From the board it seems like a great neighborhood pub. They have specialty dinners, samplings, Thursday beer releases, and meet and greets. 

I'd definitely go back if I'm ever in the area again (assuming it's during their Wednesday-Saturday business hours). 

Comments

Popular Posts